What are the Types of GST Invoice? PRESCRIBED FORMAT FOR GST INVOICE – SOFTWARE TOOLS FOR GST INVOICE
GST invoice is a document which contains all the relevant details of exchange of products or services with all relevant data points. The GST invoice need to include product name, description, quantity, details of supplier/purchaser, terms of sale, rate charged, discounts, and tax rate.
There are different types of invoices and supporting document which comes under GST. They are Sales invoices, Purchase invoices, Bill of supply, Delivery challan’s (for supply on approval, supply of liquid gas, job work and others), Credit notes, Debit notes, Advance, receipts, Refund vouchers.
The format of the GST invoice is explained as below;
- The name, address and GSTIN of the supplier.
- A consecutive serial number not exceeding 16 characters, in one or multiple series, containing alphabets or numerals or special characters (hyphen or dash and slash symbolized as “-” and “/” respectively) and any combination thereof, unique for a financial year.
- Date of its issue.
- Name, address and GSTIN or UIN, if registered, of the recipient.
- Name and address of the recipient and the address of delivery, along with the name of state and its code, if such recipient is unregistered and where the value of taxable supply is Rs 50,000 or more.
- HSN Code of goods or Accounting Code of services.
- Description of goods or services.
- Quantity, in case of goods and unit or Unique Quantity Code thereof.
- Total value of supply of goods or services or both.
- Taxable value of supply of goods or services or both, taking into account discount or abatement, if any.
- Rate of tax (central tax, state tax, integrated tax, union territory tax or cess).
- Amount of tax charged in respect of taxable goods or services (central tax, state tax, integrated tax, union territory tax or cess).
- Place of supply along with the name of state, in case of a supply in the course of inter-state trade or commerce.
- Address of delivery where the same is different from the place of supply.
- Whether the tax is payable on reverse charge basis.
- Signature or digital signature of the supplier or his authorized representative.
There are multiple tools to capture and accumulate data points related to invoicing. Smart Admin is one such tool which is best fit to prepare and issue GST Invoice. Moreover, it is affordable and it has package to suit the needs of business based on the scale of operations.
SMART ADMIN is a cloud-based software for generating GST Compliant Invoice, Payroll management, Timesheet and Project Tracking – visit SMART ADMIN for FREE Trial and Registration.
DIGITIZATION has become a required rather than the desired component in the industry of late. The term has become a major buzzword in rece...
Software as a service (SaaS) has been growing exponentially. According to market data, 73% of top organizations run around 80% of their ap...