Project Management – Important Steps in Project Management and Software Tools for Project Management
Project management is critical to success of any organization which derives its primary revenue by undertaking project or programs. The failure to successfully implement a project will result in gradual decrease in the growth of any organization and its ultimate closure. There are multiple steps in project management. It involves identifying an opportunity, analyzing it, planning for its implementation and finally the successful implementation. These steps are given below;
Project Scoping – We can term the initial phase as scoping. During that time, we recognize a business need and find an opportunity address the issue with the available organizational capability.
The steps for the project scoping phase include the following;
- Feasibility study – Depends on the size of the project, suitable feasibility study can be done. By capturing the primary problem the organization will be able to decide if they can deliver a solution to that problem
- Defining deliverable – By this time, we need to define what solution can be delivered. We can define the depth and breadth of the project as well now.
- Proposal – By analyzing the situation, one can compare the potential costs and benefits for the project to determine steps to moves forward with a valid proposal.
Project Planning – During this phase, we will define what is going to attain and who it is going to attain. The steps for the project planning phase are briefly summarized as follows
- Creating a project plan – Identifying the project timeline, including the phases of the project, the tasks to be performed, and possible constraints
- Defining risks and potential roadblocks – Identifying issues that may cause your project to stall and at the same time plan to mitigate such risks and maintain project’s quality and timeline
- Setting up process documents – Visualizing the project timeline by diagramming key activities and its milestones.
Project Implementation – The project implementation phase turns your plan into action. During this the project manager need track project life cycle, organize team members, manage timelines, and make sure the work is done according to the original plan.
The steps for the project execution include the following;
- Creating tasks and organizing workflows – Assigning task to appropriate team members, making sure team members are not overworked
- Monitoring quality of work – Ensuring that team members are meeting their time and quality goals for tasks.
- Provide final deliverable, release project resources.
Controlling – In the closure phase, and determine the success of the project and thereafter close the project. You need to take the following steps while closing the project.
- Analyzing project performance – Determining whether the project’s goals were met
- Analyzing team performance – Evaluating how team members performed, including whether they met their goals along with timeliness and quality of work
- Accounting – Completing the accounting process and allocate fund based on guidelines
There are multiple project tools available for project management. The tools as developed by Smart Admin are sturdy, reliable and provide maximum information during the progress of the project. It helps to allocate right resources for a project and provide info about the project progress in time.
SMART ADMIN is a cloud-based software for generating GST Compliant Invoice, Payroll management, Timesheet and Project Tracking – visit SMART ADMIN for FREE Trial and Registration.
Credit and Debit Note under GST...
Everyday business involves numerous transactions in relation to selling goods and providing services. It is mandatory for a GST-registered...
Export of Services and Invoice Format...
The Goods and Services Tax (GST) literature provides detailed guidelines about the content of an invoice in its various notes. The ‘Expo...
Do we need to change Payroll...
An efficient, and reliable software system is the foundation of any successful organization. It is good to maintain the right payroll and ...