How do we provide knowledge and skills more effectively?
Processes of learning and the transfer of learning are central to understanding how folks develop vital competencies. In today’s context, training effectiveness cannot be solely measured through the training experience. Rather it is the positive transfer of coaching-the extent to which the training that results from training expertise transfers to the job and lead to significant changes in work performance and team management. Concerns raised regarding investing in training often revolves around these training transfer problems and the return the organization can expect. We can define transfer as consisting of two major dimensions:
1. Generalization – the extent to which the knowledge and skills acquired in a learning setting are applied to different settings, people, and/or situations from those trained.
2. Maintenance – the extent to which changes that result from learning experience persist over time.
One of the best and time tested model of transfer training consists of
1. Training Inputs: Trainee characteristics (ability, skills, motivation and personality), training design (training objectives and methods and the incorporation of learning principles and opportunities for practice) and work environment (transfer climate, social support from supervisors and peers).
2. Training outputs: Acquisition of knowledge and skills during training
3. Conditions of transfer: Generalization of knowledge and skills acquired in training to the job and maintenance of that learning over time on the job.
How do we improve quality of hire?
Predictive analytics for hiring, if used properly, can bolster strategy for attracting talent, contour recruitment method or process workforce needs and improve quality of hire. So as to use predictive analytics for hiring, a company should clearly outline what quality of hire means in terms of
· What is expected?
· What is an average performance?
· What would above average look like?
· How can performance be consistently and objectively measured?
· How is information on performance collected?
Quality of hire is defined as the value a new hire adds to your company. Specifically, how much a new hire contributes towards company’s long term success. An honest indicator of quality of hire is turnover during the first year of service. An employee feat — voluntarily or involuntarily — among the first year usually indicates poor selection, poor on boarding or each. The standard of employee performance/management begins with the standard of hire.
Steps which delivering successful quality of hire program:
a. Educating on impact of quality employees on the financial outcome of an organization
Staffing function plays a vital role in focusing the impact of quality of hires and performers and its direct link to revenues and profitability. According to a study, high performers in operation roles are ready to increase productivity by 40 percent; high performers in management roles increase profits by 49 percent; in sales positions, high performers are responsible for 67 percent greater revenue.
b. Define the factors that determine success at a job
It is necessary to define job descriptions, including qualifications, skills, experiences, education, certification, competencies and behaviour for every job or position within an organization. This helps to identify candidates each internally and externally, for promotions, new positions, as well as for developing strengths and opportunities among workers.
The key question to answer in measuring quality of hire is whether the company hired the proper set of individuals as defined by pre-hire needs. Measuring quality of hire amounts to measuring how the candidate varies from pre-hire needs and expectations. The comparison between pre-hire requirements and the new hire’s actual performance on the job may be made through
• Surveying the hiring manager
• Conducting periodic performance reviews
• Measuring worker productivity and turnover
The screening and assessment tests should be designed to select candidates who possess the characteristics that contribute to success in the job. Poor quality of hire metrics indicate disconnect between the standards of screening and assessing candidates and the standards for performance in the job.
SMART ADMIN is a cloud-based software for generating GST Compliant Invoice, Payroll management, Timesheet and Project Tracking – visit SMART ADMIN for FREE Trial and Registration.
There are numerous software tools that are offered in the domain of attendance tracking. While one piece of software handles project track...
There is a tremendous growth technology application in business process management of late. The effects of pandemic have increased the usa...